Discover what happens when Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy meet fancy and fantasy in this novella-length ensemble of Regency stories.
- What if two inexplicable trails of words led to the Meryton churchyard on the same blustery morning?
- What if Darcy stumbled across suggestive lines of verse following Elizabeth’s stay at Netherfield?
- What if a rumored engagement so thoroughly shocked Lady Catherine that she could not interfere?
- What if Elizabeth learned the last man she would ever marry was the only man she could marry?
- What if every Bennet family member read the love poem Darcy intended only for his bride?
With all the intimacy and lyricism of a chamber concert, these five whimsical shorts will inspire the heart, prompt a smile, and entice readers to many happy returns.
Excerpts and Links to Full Reviews
“In her exquisitely elegant debut release, Renée Beyea shares five Pride and Prejudice variations that either infuse a bit of poetry, unexplained phenomena, or both.” – Austenesque Reviews
“…a light-hearted and well-written collection of low-angst Pride and Prejudice short stories. They were filled with romance and some of them had an ethereal quality…” – Claudine Pepe, Just Jane 1813
“Beyea’s writing is fantastic; it helps if you’ve read Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice, but she manages to say so much about the characters in so few words.” – Diary of an Eccentric
“A very sweet and heartwarming collection… Beautifully written, lyrical in prose, these stories were absolutely lovely!” – Margie’s Must Reads
“…a light, enjoyable and whimsical collection of Austenesque fiction.” – The Calico Critic
“…precious and full of gentle humor and sweet romance. There is an inspirational influence, but I think even those who don’t read inspirational fiction would appreciate this collection.” – Sophia, Delighted Reader
“…sweet stories, short stories, but in all she and him got to know each other in different ways, at different times, and also saw how they were always meant to be.” – Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell